Weeeeooooohhhhhh!
A little after 3am on a Tuesday night and I have just finished burning Fat Man to CD! I can’t believe it’s almost over (don’t forget the bluelines). The last week seems like a haze (hence the absence in posts).
The car broke down just in time for the holiday weekend (it’s two for two having been in the shop over Memorial Day). I wish I had been able to get out more but, there was plenty to do. After delivering the first round of drafts early in the week, I got another round in and finished a bunch of loose pages needing design by Wednesday so the proofreader Dan the Man could do his work.
That was just in time to get all the art, which I spent all night Thursday resizing, retouching and dropping into the file. Lots of stuff missing which meant putting together a slew of dummy covers on the fly.
On the fourth, I managed to go to bed at 6am - yeah I can do it but, only when I work from home. At the end of the day is a 10ft walk to the bed as opposed to the hour plus ride and drive (let’s not even talk about having access to your own refrigerator instead of the crap you wind up gobbling down while you’re stuck at the office).
We did the bar-b-q thing. Vito did a big spread with plenty of people. The funny thing to note was the Met game being on the big screen TV early in the afternoon and no one being in the living room watching then, when the Yankee game was on later three wasn’t a place to sit in the living room - talk about going deep behind enemy lines!
My eldest cousin’s son Brandon was there. I find myself more and more interested in what he has to say as the years pass. He’s a very different person than I am but, at the same time I see some of the things in him that I dealt with in our family.
He freelances, which is really hard to describe (your work situation) to someone who doesn’t really do it - or doesn’t work in an industry that uses "freelancers." He works for MTV so, there’s always some good stories he has to tell. He’s in his late twenties now and didn’t wind up in college right after high school but, he’s managed to stick with MTV for almost 5 years slowly making his way up the ladder. He did a stint on TRL and has worked on a bunch of other shows. And he winds up doing a lot of editing work himself on the shows he works on (yes, Final Cut Pro is everywhere - gotta get off my ass and learn some new skills). So, he’s a lot of fun to talk to.
Jill, my youngest cousin is building up her career as a writer. I just found out she’s been writing a column for her local paper - not even going in to the novel she’s been working on so, they’re a talented batch.
Anyway, we wound up going in the other car which has no air conditioning - I was half in the bag most of the day since I got to sleep so late and I could only think about all the rest of the stuff I had to get done on Fat Man before Monday. The rest of the weekend wound up just blurring by - not much of a holiday. I did get one good day of sleep in (Saturday) which was great because I think I had gotten about 15 hours of sleep over the previous five days combined.
And since I’m up so late and have gotten about 7 hours sleep since the aforementioned Saturday, I present you with this link which you should file under WWJD (what would Jesus do). Blasphemy!
No comments:
Post a Comment